Wednesday, May 28, 2014Tweet
[IWS] ERM: RESTRUCTURING RELATED LEGISLATION [DATABASE] [updated 26 May 2014]
IWS Documented News Service
Institute for Workplace Studies-----------------Professor Samuel B. Bacharach
School of Industrial & Labor Relations-------- Director, Institute for Workplace Studies
16 East 34th Street, 4th floor--------------------Stuart Basefsky
New York, NY 10016 -------------------------------Director, IWS News Bureau
This service is supported, in part, by donations. Please consider making a donation by following the instructions at http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/iws/news-bureau/support.html
European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (Dublin Foundation)
European Monitoring Centre on Change (EMCC)
European Restructuring Monitor (ERM)
RESTRUCTURING RELATED LEGISLATION [DATABASE] [updated 26 May 2014]
Press Release 26 May 2014
The ERM legislation database has been updated
Eurofound’s ERM database on restructuring related legal regulations provides information on about 300 regulations in the Member States of the European Union and Norway which are explicitly or implicitly linked to anticipating and managing change. The database covers statutory rules, only, and does not include collective agreements or company-level initiatives. The regulations are described in terms of their content, thresholds, involved actors and who covers the cost (if applicable). The aim is to provide an easy possibility of a cross-national comparison of the main features of restructuring related legislation
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information/material contained in the database, Eurofound assumes no responsibility for and gives no guarantees, undertakings or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or up to date nature of the information provided and does not accept any liability whatsoever arising from any errors or omissions.
Make your selection by using the filters:
- country - EU 27 and Norway
- phase - either anticipation or management
- Anticipation refers to activities that help to prepare workers or companies for change.
- Management covers activities required to handle a current restructuring event while minimising social costs. It refers to the steps involved in implementing an organisational change process.
- type - the range includes, for example, provisions for collective dismissal, information/consultation obligations, notice periods and severance payments, training obligations for employers and employees and regulations concerning working time flexibility
- threshold - whether the regulation is obligatory in all circumstances or only over a threshold of company size or number of affected workers
- costs covered by
- no specific additional costs are involved
- costs covered by national or regional governments
- cost covered by companies in general or the specific employer undergoing restructuring
- cost covered by employees
- involved actors - including national, regional or local government, works councils, employers’ organisations, trade union or public employment services
This information is provided to subscribers, friends, faculty, students and alumni of the School of Industrial & Labor Relations (ILR). It is a service of the Institute for Workplace Studies (IWS) in New York City. Stuart Basefsky is responsible for the selection of the contents which is intended to keep researchers, companies, workers, and governments aware of the latest information related to ILR disciplines as it becomes available for the purposes of research, understanding and debate. The content does not reflect the opinions or positions of Cornell University, the School of Industrial & Labor Relations, or that of Mr. Basefsky and should not be construed as such. The service is unique in that it provides the original source documentation, via links, behind the news and research of the day. Use of the information provided is unrestricted. However, it is requested that users acknowledge that the information was found via the IWS Documented News Service.
Links to this post: